Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review's Day Tuesday: Loubilou Children's Website

When I was recently approached to review the website Loubilou, I have to admit I had only heard of them once before, and had never checked the site out for myself. Loubilou is a bit like Not on the High Street - but everything on it is specifically for children. From clothing to toys, party games to furniture - whatever you need for your little angel is available here. You can get brand name items - such as Lamaze - but the majority of items are independently made, and many are available for personalisation. Loubilou has over 3000 items from some 300+ sellers, so there is something for everyone available.

The first thing I noticed when I logged on to the site was the 'category' button. This drop down menu easily allowed me to direct what I was looking for to the correct section. There is also a search tool which I made use of, and it worked really well at helping me narrow down my results. I hadn't a clue what I wanted to get Isabelle, so decided I would peruse each category and see what caught my eye. I started in "Baby/Accessories" and immediately loved that, as I scrolled down the page, there was no need to click on to the next page, or even chose "View all" as the next set of items load automatically once you reach the end. Why don't all websites offer this!? It's genius!

The categories were clear and it was easy to find the category I wanted to look at next based on what items I thought I might like to look at. There are enough categories to seperate all the goods out, but not too many to become confusing. My personal favourite was the "Party/Games" category, which is made up of everything you need to throw the perfect party! Such a clever idea to have this, and I'll definitely be back for Isabelle's birthday.

The choice of items is just unbelievable. Anything you want for a child or baby, you can find it here. The fact that so many items offer personalisation means that not only can you find something quirky and unique for your own little one, but it is perfect for an unusual gift for a friend or family member's baby. Here are some of my favourite items:



                                                         



After much deliberation, Simon and I settled on some Clemmy Soft Building Blocks and our old favourite, a Sophie the Giraffe bath toy. One criticism of the site I have is that for the items we bought, the images weren't particularly clear. I imagine sellers are responsible for their own images, but I wasn't impressed with the image for the building blocks in particular. Luckily, their description won us over.

Ordering was a breeze, and we paid with PayPal easily. I was quite shocked when I realised that because we were ordering 2 items and they were coming from 2 different sellers, we were being charged postage twice, which came to £6.90. The total for our order came just just over £25, so I personally think this is a lot for postage. If you decided to order a batch of gifts for Christmas or a birthday, you could end up with a huge shipping bill if all your goods come from different sellers.

The items arrived within a few days and were very high quality, and Isabelle has especially taken to the bath toy - especially as those old teeth are playing up again and it's great for chomping on.

Overall, I was really happy with my experience using Loubilou, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone shopping for littles - especially in the run up to Christmas when sourcing unusual, unique and beautiful items isn't always easy. This way, you can find the perfect Christmas gifts for littles without having to trudge around the shops on Christmas Eve!

As well as the website, you can keep up to date with Loubilou via Facebook and Twitter, and follow their wonderful boards on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment