Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Review's Day Tuesday: bumGenius Freetime

I've been neglecting my cloth reviews for a while in favour of other products, so I thought this week I'd throw in some cloth love! I recently bought 7 bumGenius Freetimes from BabaMe in various sales, after trying one out and LOVING it. I was initially pretty resistant to both all in one nappies and bumGenius nappies, but have been proved very wrong!
(No pretty pictures today sadly! A boring day!)

bumGenius Freetime


Details:

A birth to potty (8-35lbs), all in one nappy with microfibre inserts and a PUL outer. Comes in both applix and snap closures, along with a variety of colours and some prints.

Fit:

This nappy is supposed to fit from 8lbs, but I don't see that to be honest. Isabelle was at least 14lbs when I started using them, and they were on the tightest setting then. She is now almost 18lbs, and only recently have I had to move up a rise setting and out one waist setting. That said, for her at this age the fit is great and I can't fault it at all. Snug in all the right places, but no too tight. BumGenius have a patented stretchy tab system on their closure tabs, so they get a nice snug fit every time. The leg elastic seems really gentle which is great.

Containment:

These are honestly the ONLY nappy I have never had a wee leak from. Even nappies which are supposedly more absorbent have leaked for me, but these never have. I can take one off and it is totally sodden, but events though it is microfibre, and is therefore supposedly prone to compression leaks, I have found the inserts totally sodden and flattened with no leaks at all! Containment of solids is good as well, but it have had one or two leaks on that front.

Washing:

One great feature of the Freetime is the way the inner microfibre inserts "flap" out. This means they are very quick to dry which is wonderful - they are dry in 24hours for me. BumGenius also say you can bleach all their products to get rid of stains. I haven't done this myself, but know of people who have, so if you we worried about stains or bacteria, then that would be a great bonus. I do find that the stay dry topper of the microfibre does stain quite badly, but I know that they are clean, and they sun well.

Ease of use:

Flap the two flaps in and your done. How anyone couldn't do that would be a mystery! Very simple - nothing to fold or stuff! The inserts are marked to fold them down when the nappy is snapped to th smallest rise, but I didn't find I needed to, so you literally just whack it on a bum!

Appearance and quality:

As with all bumGenius nappies, this comes in a range of block colours - some of which have just been discontinued - and a few prints. Bumgenius don't traditionally do a lot of prints, but have brought out a new series in the last week to add to their collection. I don't mind the block colours of bumGenius, as their quality is generally much higher, and colours much nicer, than many other brands. These are clearly high quality, with a lot of effort put into making them user friendly.

Cost:
£15.99 which is comparable with many other all in ones, and they do often run offers.

Bug bears:

None at all! I can't believe how much I love these nappies - I just wish I could afford a full set as they are quite expensive. But you get what you pay for! I'm interested to see how the microfibre holds up unboosted as Isabelle grows though...

Overall:
No surprise I think - I give the bumGenius Freetime a 5/5! They are simple to use, wash and dry well, and although they aren't they nicest to look at from my stash, they do look good! I will hopefully be able to buy more and more of these in time!

If you've used Freetimes, how did you find them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment